Monday, May 25, 2009

Qualifying the Buyer

Patti says,
“So many girls stand on the sidelines, passively waiting to be picked. Wrong tactic! My mom used to say to me, “A good woman will signal a man then let him come to her”. Remember, you’re not in a hurry (at least you shouldn’t be). You should take your time to prequalify all prospective candidates, and wait until the perfect husband comes along. After all, you want a marriage that lasts a lifetime, don’t you?”

Brian took me out on another Sunday date. He let me know that we would be outside most of the date. He even picked up sunscreen when I explained I burned easily. Again, he picked me up on time. We had a nice conversation on the car ride to the race track. We sat in the sun for a few hours betting on horses and chit chatting. It’s fun getting to know someone; it’s nice to know that someone wants to share themselves with you. I don’t want to say I am qualifying him quite yet, but definitely doing some basic investigation.

Findings:
· He used a coupon for entrance to the track. I’m not sure what Patti would say about this, but I think it takes a confident person to do that on a date. It also shows he is fiscally responsible. Hopefully this doesn’t also mean he is cheap.
· He believes he know if you want to date someone more seriously by the fourth date. If it’s not there by then, move on. I’m terrified! I’ve already made it through 2.5 dates. This is however quite the reprieve after dating men who think it takes one to four years to determine if things can get more serious.
· He doesn’t think people should live with each other before they get married. He has seen engagements break off and views marriage as the catalyst for cohabitation.
· He doesn’t want to talk about how many women he has been with. Don’t worry, I didn’t ask. I don’t want to know and I don’t kiss and tell either.

The date went very well. There were slight touches (mainly by me not being able to take my hands of his chiseled body) and little kisses along the way. It was the perfect combination of talk and touch. I have said many times that you need to love your partner with your head, heart, gut and groin. I’m positive my groin has already weighed in to the positive side. My gut tells me this is good too. Now I need to listen and learn about what my head and heart say. I’m hoping date three will provide more insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment