Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy + Active = Attractive

Patti says,

“Happy + Active = Attractive”
“Believe it or not, after a workout you are at your most attractive to men, because you’re all glowy from that endorphin rush; you’re calm, happy, content, and for a few minutes or hours, you are not thinking about dating. “
Goal- I want to glow all day long! I want to walk out of the house with a slight glisten across my entire body and a huge smile on my face. I want to have the “happy + active = attractive” look all of the time (minus the disgusting sweaty smell that usually accompanies it). I want men to notice me!
To help with the objective of glowy happy Jessica, I am training for a half marathon. This means I am stretching my physical abilities a few times a week. I have been running three to four days a week, going to spin class on Tuesdays (where there is a single dad named Craig that I am trying to befriend), and working out with a trainer once a week. My daily calorie count is about 1600-1700. I’m turning into a pseudo-obsessed healthy person. Yuck.
Today was a perfect example of how bad this is getting. I had a diet coke (with a splash of regular cherry coke) and a frozen yogurt to get through my afternoon blues. What the crap? Where am I? I miss my Fritos and leaded coke. However, more than wanting to go on a calorie binge I am aware that a new guy could soon be witness to me – naked. That is motivation enough to forego breakfast burritos and Big Macs. I can’t even remember the last time I had a Big Mac. I can’t decide if that is a good or bad sign.
Back to important things, if anyone is reading…
The boy called me last night J I was in class so I immediately texted. BUTTERFLYS! I know he is young, hot, active, funny, smart, hot (oops, I’ve said that), and sexy (another iteration of hot); I want him like I want to win the lottery. We are going out again on Sunday. I know Sunday is not the ideal date day, but he has friends in town for the weekend. I can’t wait to find out what we are doing. Per Patti’s advice I let him know that I have full confidence that he will come up with something wonderful to do. I’m hoping for something active and conducive to conversation. I want to know more about this guy and hope his most terrible flaw is that he is often too busy to go out because he volunteers helping blind, homeless, teen immigrants at a shelter 25 hours a week.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment