Sunday, May 24, 2009

The One You really Like

Patti says,

The One You Really Like

“This is the man you are instantly, passionately, insanely attracted to. He’s the one you can’t wait to sleep with, and the one who ignites irrationally jealousy when he so much smiles at the waitress.”

I am instantly, passionately, and insanely attracted to Brian. Last night he had friends over for a BBQ after a long day on the boat. He invited me over. Against my better judgment I went to his house at about 9:30. I wondered immediately if I was making a mistake. He was in his “safe zone” with his friends and in a drunken state- maybe just tipsy. I was out of my comfort zone and learning more about him that I had anticipated early in the dating process. Learning about the roommates, his neighbors, an apparent illegal substance being partaken by some on the sun porch was eye opening. Everyone left and we were alone.

I had two beers (for me that’s the equivalent of about a six pack for a normal girl). Sitting on the couch I was trying to figure out my timing. How could I lean over and kiss him? Would he kiss me? What the hell was I doing? I finally took the initiative and told him I was going to kiss him. It was amazing! I’m talking Pride and Prejudice, Walk in the Clouds, Sixteen Candles perfect. We talked a bit and I believe he became a bit sneaky. He said he thought his roommates were pulling up so maybe we should move from the couch- hmmmm….to the bedroom.

While in his bedroom I made myself comfortable noting the inferior thread count and hard mattress. However, I quickly took my focus away from the linens when he joined me on the bed. I won’t get too graphic, but I will say it was amazing. It was completely intoxicating and still PG. He pulled my favorite move from Clueless and tugged at my hair while he kissed me. I’m telling you all rational thought left my brain and I was left with mushy gushy warm stomach flutter. There was chemistry that I hadn’t felt in years. Not just kissing a new man chemistry, but can you imagine feeling so good about anything chemistry. I wanted to tear our clothes off and destroy any chance at another date. Instead, I stopped myself (and him) and forced myself to go home. I have been replaying those ten minutes over and over in my mind. I would pay good money to get back to that moment. Now I’m just hoping we have more than just chemistry.

2 comments: