Sunday, May 17, 2009

First Date

Patti says:
Out and About
As much help as you get from other people and from Internet dating services, know that you'll have to do at least a third of the work yourself on your own. You need to be proactive and make the effort yourself, even if it involves going outside your comfort zone and boldly going where you've never gone before. You must go to them, because, honey, they're not going to come to you.

Five Second Flirt
Notice the one guy in the room you would really like to meet, and make sure he is not with another woman. Catch his eye and hold his gaze a whole five seconds, while giving him your most radiant smile. Then flip your hair and turn away. When you give a man the five second flirt he will come over to start a conversation, or he won't.



I feel like writing about my first date will make it less real. Somehow the act of typing is making me nervous. What kind of girl blogs about dating? Does that make me less lovable and somehow a little crazy? Is blogging the equivalent of being a cat lady?

At this point, it doesn't matter. I will chronicle my journey in a loving and tender way. I will give props to the first person (maybe the last) to hit my dating blog. His name is Brian. It happened on Friday night. In a very cosmic way (Nana predicted I would meet a man with reddish blond hair) we met. It isn't very often that I go out with girlfriends for drinks, but as fate would have it, we did. He was the man sitting directly across from me at the bar sporting a Cocoa Puffs t-shirt and glasses. You know me- I'm a sucker for glasses. The smarter the sexier. And boy is he sexy. At two inches shy of six feet his muscular frame (training for triatholons) his blue eyes called to me. In an attempt to get his attention I did the "five second flirt and look away"; it didn't seem like he was noticing me and I was getting fairly nervous. But alas, a plot for an introduction ensued. A strange bar game required me to have a partner and so as the movie THE HOLIDAY stated we had our "meet cute".

I learned a few things about him:
Age: 28
Hometown: Appleton, WI
Job: Sales, Software
Degree: Check
Hot: Check
Funny: Check
Homeowner: Check
Dog Owner: Check

30 minutes later he asked me for my number! And you know what? He called the next day. Our conversation was comfortable and easy. He asked me out for a Sunday date and to sushi. Perfect! I decided on a very classic date look. Jeans, push-up bra (thanks Patti), solid color form fitting top, heels and nice jewelry. I wore my hair up, light lipstick and Missoni perfume. I felt sexy and ready to go.

At promptly 5:30 he picked me up on time and in a nice Audi A4. We drove to Nami and had a sushi and drinks. He paid. We then took a walk near my house for a bit more light conversation. We avoided the disasterous conversations like politics, terrible exes, money, etc. We focused on what we do for fun, our friends, our interests. I made the mistake of telling him about my blog. I thought it might be over, but you know what, although strange he understood. Or so he said.

When we walked back to my place it was the ackward stare at eachother what happens next end of the date sceanario. Good man that he is said he'd call me and he'd like to go out again!!!! We also shared a G rated light kiss on the lips. Mission accomplished. I met a super great nice man and I can't wait to write about him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment