Sunday, May 17, 2009

Backdrop

This is me. At 34, 5’3”, 117 lbs (today) I fall into a category that I am familiar with – single. After a series of LTRs (long term relationships) I’m single. How does this happen? When did I become the girl that didn’t get what she wanted? Wait. Do I really even know what I want? This blog is my journey. The blog is a self-deprecating, torturously beautiful road to relationship wellness.

I am going to take this journey with my friend, Patti Stanger. *Note to reader- I have never met Patti, but if I had she would love me and likely find the perfect match for me. Patti Stanger is the antithesis of me. The statuesque brunette has a fiery personality and has in the recent years become an icon in the dating and entertainment world. You’ll know her from her realty TV show the Millionaire Matchmaker and her book ‘Become Your Own Matchmaker-8 Steps in Attracting Your Perfect Mate’. I will use her book as my roadmap.

I am going to start this blog appropriately with Chapter One- Dating Detox. I am looking forward to you sharing my experiences and giving (well-intentioned) advice. Hey, if you happen to think of the man for me, send him my way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment