Monday, October 26, 2009

White/Black shirt guy - early September

We will call this one "white/black shirt guy" (WBSG). Erika coined his name as he was wearing AGAIN the typical guy date outfit (jeans, white button-up with black print and leather shoes). He met me late night at Zeno a dessert and wine bar.

I really feel at this time I'm not giving any of these guys fair representation. Let's clear the air. Mr. T from earlier posts is now my official BF. I'm trying to update my blog so everyone is caught up on my love life, but really, I'm not capturing all the fun (and disappointment) that was a crazy couple of weeks of dating.

WBSG had profile pictures of him traveling the world. He was skiing in the mountains, hiking in Prague, etc. I liked the idea that he was well traveled and educated. He was actually pretty fun. I had a couple of glasses of wine and really just got a flavor for this uber-Uptownite. We went out on a Thursday at about 8:00 PM and he had plans to meet friends closer to 11:00 at a local bar. Who goes out that late on a Thursday night? I thought right away that we had different ambitions in life. Mine included sleep. His included impairment.

Although he was a little too urban for me, he was fun and entertaining. I decided to see him again.

The second time I saw him he invited me to his house for paella. I love when a man cooks! It's such a treat to see a guy try so hard to impress a woman. Not only did he cook a meal, he cooked a meal that takes hours to prepare and multiple proteins. He was definitely getting points.

As he cooked dinner I sipped wine and enjoyed the Latin music. We had insignificant conversation and sat out on the patio for a bit. It was early September in Minneapolis and quite warm. It was a great date capped off with a nice kiss (PG). Although it was a nice kiss, it wasn't filled with passion or urgency. I realized at that point that he would not be the guy for me.

He was SUPER cool about my rejection call and offer to set him up with one of my friends (per Patti - share the love). He went out with my friend Jennifer. It wasn't a love connection, but I felt I gave back to the world of dating. My conscience was clear.

FAST FORWARD-
I thought WBSG was super cool. He was a guy good enough to refer to one of my friends. I was wrong. This doesn't happen often (me admitting to error), so relish this now. He texted me in mid-October asking me out to a football game. I said I couldn't go, but wished him a good time. He texted, "I'm where you will never be, the land of fun. It's a good thing we never dated, you are lame. I'll call you next time I'm in a nursing home". Ouch. Sting factor - slight. AHole - major.

No comments:

Post a Comment