Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DATE 2- September 11th

We will call this one Mr. T.
On September 11th I met Mr. T for our first date downtown Minneapolis after a brief courtship courtesy of eHarmony. Mr. T is a 31 year old from the cities who happens to also work for my employer. Although my employer has hundreds of thousands of employees, this guy works in my old pyramid! It's a small world after all.

So, I was initially attracted to his profile and an absolutely ridiculous red fedora in one of his pictures. It was a picture of him during the running of the bulls in Spain. "What" you say! A smart guy with a sense of adventure? Found on eHarmony? Yes, my friends! Totally worth the $150.

We met downtown and IMMEDIATELY I was nervous. He was wearing the obligatory metrosexual date outfit- white unbuttoned shirt (with a pattern on the back), dark jeans and leather shoes. In the scheme of things this isn't a deal breaker, but not my favorite look. Things started looking iffy when he explained that his plans had fallen though. We would be spending our first date "winging it".

We had drinks at Cosmos and then moved to King and I for dinner. I'm pretty sure we went to a few other places as well, but in my laziness over the past month I don't remember. I do remember that it was very comfortable. We spend about seven hours together on our first date and no goodnight kiss. At this point I was unsure of what (if anything) would happen.

Fast forward-
Text the next day from Mr. T
"Don't think I want to wait the full 4 days of guy time to call you. If you are walking the lakes tomorrow and wants some company let me know :) "

Patti writes that men need time to ponder new women. He liked me right away! Awww shucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment