Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Somebody Call 911

Again, I love my friends! They go above and beyond to try to find my Mr. Right. You would think I had everyone on commission with all of their hard work. My good friend Dave found a hunky man that might have qualified. Dave had taken his son to the fire department to see the BIG TRUCKS. In addition to seeing BIG TRUCKS, Dave met a BIG FIREFIGHTER. Firefighter Mike was given my basic vitals and decided to give it a chance.

I got Mike’s call and we spoke briefly about how I knew Dave, how he was approached to be my future husband, and where we would meet. I was pretty excited to hear we were going for sushi. He must be a cool guy if he is man enough to take a date to a sushi restaurant. I should have known that things were a little flaky when he asked I could meet at 6:00. I confirmed 6:00 and then he texted that 7:00 was better. I confirmed 7:00 and he said 6:00 works best for him. I confirmed 6:00 – no further changes.

We met at a nice sushi bar in Uptown. I wore a really cute low cute tee, jeans, heals (the normal date outfit). I texted to tell him what I was wearing and he replied that he was wearing a white shirt and no shoes. What the ???? I found out what he meant when he arrive. He was wearing flip flops. My date was wearing flip flops, shorts and a stained button up. Ok, the man was built and good looking, but I couldn’t get past the flip flops.

It was fun talking to him and listening to some interesting stories. That is until he told me about something that happened at work last week. He had gone on a call about a non-responsive infant. Me, the eternal optimist, thought this story would end well. It was tragic for the baby that CPR did not revive the little one. I hate even typing about this. He obviously saw the look of terror on my face. I think anyone would have a tough time recovering from that.

The conversation was light after that, but it was apparent that we weren’t a match. He graciously picked up the tab and our evening ended 75 minutes after it started. It was nice that he sent a text saying he had a nice time, but that he didn’t feel like we were a match. I wish everyone provided such clear feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Next stop... Spence and Papa find you an astronaut!! Stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete