Sunday, July 5, 2009

Puma or Cougar? You tell me!


Puma as defined in Urban Dictionary as a woman who is not quite old enough to be a cougar, but still likes to date/mate with younger men. The scary part is that a cougar is described as a woman over 35 who dates younger men and I’m 34.5.

On Wednesday I went out with a man all of 25. I should note that I am very happy that my friends are setting me up on dates in hope of finding my Mr. Right. Unfortunately, he isn’t my Mr. Right.

It was a beautiful evening in Minneapolis. We don’t get many days that are perfect for sitting outside on a patio. I was lucky enough to spend the evening at an early happy hour at Brit’s on their rooftop patio. I met the young buck through a good friend and her husband. It is their goal that I find a good man who will adore me. I think they were on a good path (if I was ten years younger). This guy was cute and sweet and will make a very good husband someday. However, I knew that he wouldn’t be my husband after some conversation. One of his favorite movies is Dumb and Dumber. He hadn’t ever seen one of mine which is Sixteen Candles. He lives with his parents (interim only) as his college roommate just got married and the other one moved away. We spent two nice hours in the sun enjoying cider beer, appetizers and light exchanges. We both knew those two hours would never be repeated. After happy hour we parted without the obligatory, “I’ll call you”. I am happy that it wasn’t awkward or uncomfortable. It was just two people trying everything they can to find their perfect match.

No comments:

Post a Comment