Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grrr - all dressed up and crazy lion guy to meet


Patti says,
I can’t think of anything that Patti would say about this one…..
Friday night is a memory I would like to soon forget. I would have been happier if completely intoxicated for my thirteen dates. “Thirteen dates!” you might exclaim. This is exactly how many five minute dates I had. The odds would suggest at least one of these men could have been a potential match for a future date. This was a night in which odds were not in my favor.

The concept of speed dating is not new. However, for me it gave me a new view into what being single means. Being single means you try almost anything to find your true love. I paid money to attend an event promising professional singles between 28-38. Unfortunately, I don’t think age or educational backgrounds were verified. I met men who looked well beyond 38 and considered a two year technical degree as a professional degree. Maybe I should have read the fine print.

It started off as a fun evening getting ready with the girls. I wore Sam Edelman heels that made legs on my 5’3” frame look a mile long. The shoes were flanked by a high-waisted skirt and v-neck blouse. Tania played Nick Arrojo (famous coiffeur on What Not to Wear); she blew my hair out to perfection. Becky played Fred Winston and supplied the jewelry and Michelle hyped us up. We picked up Jennifer and were on our way to find my future love.

The girls and I had a quick drink (less than ½ for me) before the event started. The event was held in a back conference room at a new hip hotel downtown. Conference rooms with banquet tables do not scream new, hip or romantic. My first date was late. When he sat down he literally said, “I hope you don’t like your dates to be punctual”. Apparently his happy hour had run late. This was not a good sign as to how the evening would go. I tried to find a redeeming quality in every man. I did find nice qualities, however no matches. I’ll share just a couple of the reasons we weren’t compatible.
Date A- His favorite movie is No Reservations. In my opinion, this movie is terrible. I know this is petty, but I really can’t get past it.
Date B- He only wants to travel to locations where people speak English. One of my joys in life is traveling internationally and being outside of my comfort zone.
Date C- Had a silver ring on his thumb that extended the length of the digit. I made the mistake of asking if his thumb could bend. He proceeded to bend his thumb exposing a surprise- the ring was a lion whose mouth opened when the finger bent. Grrr.

Needless to say, I didn’t find love. However, I found that I have great girlfriends that will continue to support me with whatever hair brained schemes I have to find my match. Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. Admit it...the ring was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. lds dating

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. philippines dating

    ReplyDelete