Friday, June 19, 2009

The Big Maybe

Patti says,
“The Big Maybe: He’s a member of your ten must haves club. He’s a “cusper” and you could go either way with him. He’s usually your second choice, but don’t tell him that. You’re not quite ready to put him in the friend category yet….He’s someone with whom it’s too early to tell, and you’re taking your time.

I met Ken last year when I had my tour de Minneapolis of dating last fall (nine dates in eight days). I didn’t have an initial physical connection with him, but he definitely had a good personality. I feel comfortable with him, appreciated, and adored. It’s been a number of months since I saw Ken and tonight we met to catch up. I’m not completely preoccupied with physical appearances; however it’s important to have some physical connection. I’ve dated my fair share of men that are big boned, small …., receding hairlines, etc. I’m not looking for Michael Vartan (but wouldn’t complain if he showed up at my door). Anyway…Ken definitely has changed since our last meeting; he’s lost 35 pounds and somehow ditched his glasses (or perhaps got Lasik). I looked at him in a different way tonight. I could imagine a first kiss. I could imagine him out of the friend zone.

My gut hasn’t said yes or no. My head tells me this nice, good guy is exactly what I need. I’ll take Patti’s advice and see where this will go.

1 comment: